Sugar Free Carrot Cake Recipe
The natural sweetness of dates and some concentrated orange juice provide all the sweetness you need for this sugar free carrot cake recipe. This one is good enough to bring to a party! Top with cream cheese whipped with honey if you’re willing to add a touch of sugar, or grace with additional shredded carrots and chopped pecans.
Warning: do NOT use these cooking oils!
This may actually suprise you.. Some of these oils are healthy and some are VERY unhealthy -- soybean oil, olive oil, coconut oil, corn oil, etc... Let's take a closer look. (click here)
Sugar Free Carrot Cake Recipe and still so delicious!
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) dates, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped pecans
- 1 cup (250 mL) golden raisins
Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C).
Butter a square cake pan. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, then stir in dates and orange juice concentrate.
Turn off heat and allow to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, then stir in carrots, pecans, and raisins until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
A healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding recipe?
The recipe for an amazingly healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding that's high in fiber, healthy fats, protein, and low in sugar, with ZERO artificial sweeteners and NO added sugars! Get it here..
Did you like this recipe?
Did you like this recipe? Do you know other great carrot recipes? Share it!!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Not excited Orange juice concentrate has sugar!