Yummy and Low Carb Carrot Cake Recipe
With a sumptuous crushed hazelnut and dark chocolate topping, this “low carb” carrot cake recipe is “high taste” in my book! The freshness of the ingredients are key to quality taste, so make sure your olive oil is not rancid and that you shred the carrots and grate the coconut immediately before baking.
Warning: do NOT use these cooking oils!
This may actually suprise you.. Some of these oils are healthy and some are VERY unhealthy -- soybean oil, olive oil, coconut oil, corn oil, etc... Let's take a closer look. (click here)
Low Carb Carrot Cake Recipe and tasting too!
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) flax meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons (7.5 mL) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoons (10 mL) vanilla
- ½ cup (125 mL) fresh grated coconut
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrots
- ¼ cup (125 mL) crushed hazel nuts
- ¼ cup (125 mL) chopped dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C). Butter a loaf pan.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the almond meal, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger.
Beat the olive oil, eggs, honey, and vanilla together in a separate bowl, then mix with dry ingredients. Stir in coconut and carrots until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes.
While cake cools, sprinkle crushed hazelnuts and chopped chocolate over the top. Serve warm or cool.
A healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding recipe?
The recipe for an amazingly healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding that's high in fiber, healthy fats, protein, and low in sugar, with ZERO artificial sweeteners and NO added sugars! Get it here..
Did you like this recipe?
Did you like this recipe? Do you know other great carrot recipes? Share it!