My Best Carrot Muffin Recipe
This hearty, healthy carrot muffin recipe is equal parts breakfast and treat. Take a fresh batch into the office and earn a (good) reputation! If you’ll be taking them to the office or anywhere else, prepare and pack the muffins and the frosting separately, then frost them once you reach your destination.
Warning: do NOT use these cooking oils!
This may actually suprise you.. Some of these oils are healthy and some are VERY unhealthy -- soybean oil, olive oil, coconut oil, corn oil, etc... Let's take a closer look. (click here)
Carrot Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups (500 mL) white sugar
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) salt
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) allspice
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups (750 mL) grated carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped mixed nuts
- 3 ounces (75 g) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) lemon extract
- 2 1/2 cups (600 mL) sifted confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F (175° C).
Butter a muffin tin or line it with cupcake papers.
Whisk together the sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and baking soda. Beat the oil and eggs together in a separate bowl, then mix with dry ingredients. Stir in carrot and mixed nuts until just combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. While cooling, blend the cream cheese, cream, lemon extract, and confectioners’ sugar. Frost while muffins are still a bit warm.
A healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding recipe?
The recipe for an amazingly healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding that's high in fiber, healthy fats, protein, and low in sugar, with ZERO artificial sweeteners and NO added sugars! Get it here..
Did you like this recipe?
Did you like this recipe? Do you know other great carrot recipes? Share it!