Carrot Cake Roll Recipe
Sweet, flavorful, rich, spiced—this carrot cake roll recipe has it all. Use food coloring to tint the cake orange and the filling green if you’re serving it for a children’s party. If you don’t care for lemon extract, you may leave it out or substitute the same amount of almond extract.
Warning: do NOT use these cooking oils!
This may actually suprise you.. Some of these oils are healthy and some are VERY unhealthy -- soybean oil, olive oil, coconut oil, corn oil, etc... Let's take a closer look. (click here)
Carrot Cake Roll Recipe, this carrot role looks yummie!
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 mL) nutmeg
- ½ cup (125 mL) white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely shredded carrots
- 8 ounces (250 g) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) honey
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350°F (180° C).
Butter a jellyroll pan. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cream of tartar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and white sugar. In a second bowl, blend eggs, lemon extract, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add shredded carrots and stir. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
While cake cools, make the filling by beating the cream cheese, honey, and vanilla together until fluffy. Add coconut and beat until thoroughly mixed. Spread filling on cooled cake evenly and all the way to the edges. Roll the cake up, cut, and serve.
A healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding recipe?
The recipe for an amazingly healthy fat-burning chocolate pudding that's high in fiber, healthy fats, protein, and low in sugar, with ZERO artificial sweeteners and NO added sugars! Get it here..
Did you like this recipe?
Did you like this recipe? Do you know other great carrot recipes? Share it!